KYOCERA Introduces New LCD Panels for Automotive Head-Up-Displays
Unique platform structure shortens lead times, allowing samples to be shipped as early as next day
23 aprile 2018
Kyoto/London – KYOCERA today announced a new line of high-performance, high-resolution liquid-crystal display (LCD) panels specifically designed for automotive Head-Up-Displays (HUDs). These LCDs offer high light transmittance, high resolution, and the industry’s widest operating temperature range for optimal performance in automotive HUD applications.
Kyocera HUD LCD Specifications
|Size (diagonally)||Resolution||Interface||Contrast Ratio||Transmittance|
|1.12”||300 x 160 (302 ppi)||CMOS||1200:1||7.1 %|
|1.8”||480 x 240 (298 ppi)||CMOS||1200:1||8.5 %|
|3.1”||800 x 480 (297 ppi)||LVDS||1700:1||8.5 %|
Other display sizes available upon request.
HUD: Extreme Operating Requirements
Developed originally for defense aircraft, HUD technology can improve automotive safety and reduce driver fatigue by projecting vehicle speed, navigation and other data directly onto a car’s windshield – where drivers can view it in their line of sight. This requires a display that performs well in lighting conditions ranging from full sunlight to total darkness. Additionally, since data and images are scaled up when projected onto a windshield, HUD technology requires high-resolution imaging to allow enlargement with no perceptible loss of detail or sharpness. Meeting these requirements in the automotive environment requires imaging components that deliver exceptional luminance, contrast and pixel density, with an extremely wide operating temperature range, since vehicles may travel to the coldest and hottest climates on Earth.
Kyocera’s Advanced HUD Technology
Kyocera’s new HUD LCDs provide light transmittance up to an ultra-high 8.5 %, and typical contrast ratios of up to 1700:1. Their low temperature polysilicon technology delivers pixel density of approximately 300 ppi, about twice that of conventional LCDs – and an 85-degree viewing angle* with no color shift, through Kyocera’s Advanced Wide Viewing technology (AWVII). Additionally, Kyocera HUD LCDs offer an operating temperature range of -40°C to +105°C, the broadest currently available among automotive displays.
“Kyocera brings four decades of LCD innovation to the automotive engineer’s unique challenges when integrating HUD technology into any vehicle platform,” said Kazuaki Ohara, manager of Kyocera’s automotive display sales division. “We are partnering with tier-one automotive brands to help bring this exciting new technology into all vehicles.”
Kyocera is a preferred supplier of high-performance LCD displays for automotive, industrial and medical equipment. All Kyocera TFT-LCDs are RoHS compliant to reduce or eliminate potentially hazardous substances.
* Viewing angle specification: 85 degrees in four directions (above, below, left and right) with contrast ratio not less than 10:1.
For more information on KYOCERA: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for technical information:
Dr. Matthias Neundorf
- KYOCERA introduces a new 12.1” WXGA LCD Module for Off Highway Applications
- KYOCERA alla fiera AMB 2018: un’anteprima mondiale e molte novità
- KYOCERA Develops World’s First Full-Spectrum LED Aquarium Lighting
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tags for tool tracking in Aerospace industry
- L'impegno ecologico KYOCERA porta alla designazione Green del 99% dei prodotti
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- I nuovi utensili da taglio ad uso industriale KYOCERA, realizzati con materiali di rivestimento innovativi, massimizzano le prestazioni nel taglio dell’acciaio
- TASKalfa 351ci
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- La gamma monocromatica KYOCERA si arricchisce, per garantire produttività, versatilità e costi concorrenziali agli uffici “smart”
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Italia aderisce al Progetto Impatto Zero® di LifeGate
- KYOCERA Introduces New LCD Panels for Automotive Head-Up-Displays
- Sette sistemi KYOCERA conquistano i BLI Winter Pick Award 2018 grazie ad affidabilità e prestazioni eccezionali